March 18, 2008
Slipper pattern made up!
Thank you for your interests on that Mountain Form slippers. I am happy to tell you that finally the pattern is made up and you can download it by PDF, from this side bar.
The first experiment was knitted with Starmore's yarn, and the garment was quite light and warm but somewhat too delicate and drafty. As a slipper I wanted it more dense and cozy, so I made it with aran weight. I believe it is better.
Some ideas popped up in making pattern:
1. So fast knitting...it is quite a good for last minute gift! Actually, if you concentrate you can knit up easily a pair for only one day. If not, a weekend is enough to complete a pair for average knitters, I believe.
2. It requires small yarndage only a bit more than a ball...exactly 140 yards, and 70g for cashmerino. It would be a nice project to use up odd balls.
3. If you make it with warm, soft, luxurious handspun yarn, which often doesn't have much yarndage for big garment...could be beautiful and cozy!
4. Easy to slip on and off! you can do it with only one hand. Cool.
5. Could be nice as bed socks...?
6. If changing the colors for garter, rib and stockinette? Funny!
Anyway, I would love to see if you knit it...please just let me know if you did!!
Posted by trico at March 18, 2008 10:50 AM
thank you very much for providing the slipper pattern - they're on the list!
Posted by: Lesley at March 21, 2008 08:33 AM